Monday, May 4, 2015

Empty Suits Suck - Personal Advice

Suits, pantsuits, tuxedos, "little black dress," are all obsolete. The lack of color destroys a person's individuality, those who wear these act like clones, their mannerisms all become identical and boring as hell.

Sadly, this is by design.

We were all told that in order to be successful you had to dress this way and act that way. The reality is that the most successful people are those who stand out, those who leave an impression on the people they meet.

I have been making some local contacts, and a few friends in the process. The only similarity between those successful is that they are all unique.

They are not empty suits, one doesn't even like to wear much clothing at all, another wears rock band logos and loves those ever too close hugs. Another highly successful person speaks with their hands and wears a fedora, jeans, and a tee-shirt.

These are business people, wealthy and in charge of their lives, not just some wage slave in a suit who is paid more than they are worth. The job creators are also not supporters of Republicans, most support no particular party.

The trick they mastered, the one I only recently figured out, is that you must stand out of the crowd. Your equity is based on factors that make no difference as to how you dress, speak, or act, but to be successful you must be your own advertisement.

I never knew how big I was until I started mingling with these people, almost all of them knew me from online. My impression on them was made, and unforgettable, I say things many are thinking but very few dare speak.

Luckily, I am also like that in local society, I do not magically change into a shrew in the light of day like most people in this country. If you want attention, you stand next to me, and you will get your fill.

Back in school I was the self hating popular kid, rebelled by hanging with the low life. I could never shake how much attention I got, the harder I tried to become disliked, the more popular I became.

Online the same thing happened, I still fought it. But recently I gave in, weathered and tired of trying to make everyone but a few people hate me, I turned my displeasure into power.

I embraced that one thing about me that got your attention, the very fact that I don't give a fuck what you think about me, but it's nice if you like me. So tell those empty suits that they suck, to their faces.

Let them know you don't want to see a sea of monochromatic apes anymore, let those stuffy attitudes fall like all outdated ideas. We are not slaves, not robots, and until we stop behaving like them our species is doomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment